Tuesday, October 5, 2010

3rd MOST SCENIC GLORY HOLE (in my opinion)


Sorry, not revealing the locations of numbers 1 or 2 just yet. 

For those who've never watched cable programming or NC-17 movies, let me explain what a GLORY HOLE actually is using blogger approved words.
Essentially, it’s a hole found in men’s bathroom stalls at highway rest stops. The purpose of the hole is for men to insert their “you know what” in hopes that someone on the other side of the hole will do nice things to it. The obvious allure is the anonymity factor (see censored diagram).
The Glory hole in question is located at the rest stop off of I-95 in Dale City, Virginia. We were on the way to my cousin's wedding in DC when I was lucky enough to stumble upon it.

Picture of actual rest stop
List of amenities:
  • Handicapped accessible
  • Telephones, including phones for the hearing impaired
  • Picnic area with grills
  • Vending machines 
  • Pet rest area
  • Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year


In case you’re wondering about the home of the 3rd most scenic Glory Hole…
Dale City Population: 70,994

Estimated median household income: $87,910


Tourist attractions not too far from Glory Hole:

Dale City Farmers Market (open 'til late November)


Dale City Music (largest selection of instruments within the 22193 zip code.


For more information about the Glory Hole:

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 comments:

  1. Surprisingly neat, and done with markers... what's wrong with people, carrying markers everywhere to vandalize?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of these things, but never actually seen one. If I saw something sticking through it, though...I'd be sorely tempted to give it a good hard tug (a painful one.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are seriously one of the funniest people I know. I'm keeping you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha...great pic

    following and supporting you
    take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's hilarious. We used to stop there. I was just bragging to a friend the other day about how cushy and nice the rest stops in my home state of VA are. Oh yeah, they're apparently FULL-service!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see anyone using a stall with a hole cut into it without knowing what to expect. Creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good follow up post to yesterday's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet! That's not too far from where I live!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good me too you want to meet there lol

      Delete
    2. good me too you want to meet there lol

      Delete
    3. good me too you want to meet there lol

      Delete
  9. I've seen them on movies, but I've never know anyone to actually use one

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where you were lucky enough to stumble into it, huh? Please tell me you meant to say that on purpose. I'm in tears right now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you think diddy's shrimp would fit through that hole?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some people need to get out more...some a lot less. That seems awful high up on the door or did you just take a bad angle? Sorry, thought this was the midget GH.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read this piece of writing completely about the
    comparison of newest and preceding technologies, it's remarkable article.

    My web page: how to lose weight

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search