Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE PERFECT WINE WITH BUFFALO WINGS.


by Eddie Winkle (NWM Staff Writer)

Football is not just relegated as a guy’s sport. In fact, one of my coworkers usually has a coed indoor tailgating fiesta at his apartment every Sunday. He usually asks me, but honestly it’s not my scene. Never been a big football fan. For 16 or so weeks I’m usually oblivious to what goes on, except when I’m forced to attend a Super Bowl party. However, this week my friend actually needed football advice from moi. He had invited a girl he just started dating (totally another story in itself – OMG), who did NOT like beer. Since he primarily serves beer and wings at his shindig, he was wondering what else could he serve (to impress) her. In my mind, it’s simply what wine you can pair with wings? The question was a toughie. Fish, sizzling fajitas, even pizza I can find a wine. But wings? Took some real thinking. Soul searching. Towards the end of the week it hit me – a Sauvignon Blanc, of course! I chose this for 2 reasons. One, an ice cold, crisp white totally cools off the hot wing spices. Two, it’s crisp and dry, so it doesn’t overpower the wings or blue cheese taste. A Pinot Grigio fruity flavor would do just that. Excited with my perfect deduction I couldn’t wait to tell my friend. Though alas the pairing would never be. Turns out my instincts were right about her. She has a serious boyfriend a mere 3 states away. Two-timing bitch.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search