Tuesday, September 15, 2009

THANKS FOR THE 26.5 BAR FIGHTS DALTON!


Patrick Swayze will probably be most remembered for his iconic roles in Ghost and for not leaving baby in a corner in Dirty Dancing. Though most action aficionados would beg to differ. They’d insist a can of Pabst Blue Ribbon be raised high (and smashed against a bar) in honor of Patrick’s role as James Dalton. The unforgettable, badass cooler (80s term for bouncer), that raised hell in the 1989 action classic – Road House.

Synopsis:

Dolton (Swayze) has the Herculean task of saving a honky-tonk bar (the Double Deuce) and the entire fictional town of Jasper, Missouri from all kinds of evil doings. His arch nemesis, corrupt businessman – Brad Wesley (played by Ben Gazzara). Along for the ride are Doc, the romantic interest (played by Kelly Lynch), and mentor / bouncer Wade (masterfully played by Sam Elliot.)

Reason to Rent:

I hate to say it (and I can’t stand when it’s said to me), but this is truly one those “YOU MEAN YOU’VE NEVER SEEN...” type of movies. What makes it so great is it never takes itself too seriously, yet revels in B-movie, over-the-top action. Some called it a raunch-fest! Others say it's a hilarious, campy comedy. And a few swear it's laced with all types of homoerotica. Though everyone can agree Road House truly epitomizes the Guy Flick genre. It’s also up there in the category of most quotable films (right next to Johnny Dangerously and Die Hard). Some unforgettable verbal gems include…

Doc: Do you always carry your medical record around with you?

Dalton: Saves time.


Dalton: Pain don’t hurt.


Jimmy: Prepare to die!

Dalton: You are such an @sshole.


Wade: Got your hands full kid.

And probably the most famous of ‘em all…

Jimmy: I used to f---k guys like you in prison.

Need further proof Road House is a “must see” movie? Check out the trailer.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. GOD I LOVE THAT FUCKING MOVIE!!!! Now I will be forced to watch it today!

    I LOVE Sam Elliot too!

    The only reason it could possibly seem homoerotic is because of the part when that douche says,

    "I used to fuck guys like you in prison"

    I still cant believe the love of my life is gone!!! I've LOVED him since I was TWO in 1985... My mom used to stick me in front of the TV and let me watch his movies!

    I was 4 and knew every word to Dirty Dancing~

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search