Tuesday, September 15, 2009

UNCLAIMED LUGGAGE BARGAIN SALE!


by Eddie Winkle (NWM Staff Writer)

It was on my last trip to Florida (to see my parents). That’s when I saw it. I got to the baggage claim early, before they unloaded the baggage from my flight. And there it was, a sad wheelie bag riding the carousel all by its lonesome. For a brief moment I wondered where that discarded bag would end up. Of course it popped right out of my mind once I saw my bag rolling down. Turns out (after 90 days), these bags get rescued by the folks at The Unclaimed Baggage Center. For 37 years the Owens family have been traveling the world claiming these unclaimed treasures. Then they bring 'em all back to their giant flagship store in Scottsboro, Alabama to sell. Since all the items have obviously been used, you can get anywhere from 20-80% off retail value. At all times they stock about 7,000 items in the store, and clean everything before it hits the shelves. The only catch is you have to come to their store to shop. No online option. So if you’re ready for some serious bargain hunting (at someone else’s expense) give the The Unclaimed Baggage Center a call.

The Unclaimed Baggage Center info:

509 West Willow Street, Scottsboro, Alabama 35768.

256-259-1525

Store Hours:


Monday - Friday – 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT


Saturday – 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. CT


Closed Sundays.

Alternate location:

101 East Bartlett Street, Boaz, Alabama 35957.


256-840-8005

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search