Wednesday, April 4, 2012

SEMI-INAPPROPRIATE BOY BAND SONG LIVES ON

During one of Mtv’s ever-transitioning phases, the suits headed into Lifetime territory and experimented with TV movies. One of their first small screen debuts was 2Ge+her. It was pretty much a boy band version of Spinal Tap. Oddly enough the flim did strike a chord with teens and spawned a short-lived series. The mythical band (2Ge+her) even toured with Britney in the summer of 2000. As far as the songs go, they were all moderate PG humor. Safe for kids to laugh at. Fine for parents to feel good about them laughing. That being said, 2Ge+her’arch nemesis boy band Whoa! did in fact venture In to PG-13 land. It was with their #1 fake smash hit – Rub One Out. Years later I did manage to track down the entire song, and actually thought the lyrics were pretty funny.  Then again that was before Youtube and Judd Apatow. Give the clip a watch – and yes, that’s John Norris helming the Mtv news update. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

12 comments:

  1. ok....creepy. I still can't believe how you come up with this stuff. you amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of this band. Very interesting nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never heard of this either...

    ReplyDelete
  4. How the hell are you supposed to pronounce their name?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cringey but at the same time I find it very interesting. Nice post buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't one of the guys from that movie die shortly after? I shouldn't know this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was mostly what boy band songs were about, basic innuendo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I was gonna cringe, all I did was laugh really hard and watch the whole video. So worth it. "It's not enough, kissing and stuff, so I rub one out" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't how I missed this one! But glad I did...
    Funny though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh god, those lyrics.

    The whole boy-band craze was insanely awful - every girl I know from back then (and a coupla dudes) who honestly thought they were good are great targets for my biting wit and joking. 'Cuz yeah, the whole genre sucks.

    Did then, does now.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search