Tuesday, August 16, 2011

HAPPY 55 ¼ YEARS POP ROCKS! SO DID YOU KILL MIKEY, OR WHAT?


Ok, by now we all know Mikey (the kid from the Life cereal commercial) did NOT die downing a packet and finishing it off with a Coke chaser. In fact, he’s currently an attorney in NYC. However, there are plenty of other things to discover about this fizzy favorite at poprockscandy.com.
Like who invented pop rocks? General Foods Chemist William A. Mitchell in 1956.
Why do Pop Rocks really pop? How can you create a Harry Potter-like bubbly potion with a simple Pop Rocks experiment? Or what goes into a Pop Rocks on the Beach mixed drink? 

You can also order new pop rock flavors like watermelon, cotton candy and Xtreme. Available in regular sizes or bulk.

Watch the Mythbusters put the “Mikey Pop Rocks” urban legend to the test.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

21 comments:

  1. I had no idea they had been around that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn. I could go for some pop rocks right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What does Xtreme taste like? I'm guessing like flying down a mountain on a jet powered toboggan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved pop rocks when i was a kid, haven't had them for years though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hadn't had them since childhood but happened across them in a store not to long ago. They are still fun to eat ...and could quite possibly make for some naughty fun...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ever had a Pop Rock explode in yer eye? Its NOT pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've ever had actual proper pop rocks :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never liked pop rocks and I also had missed the story that they killed Mikey.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember that was the dare to do back in the day! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, we all heard that story. It's good to know that Mikey is alive and well! I actually wasn't sure if the story was true or not...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good to know Mikey isn't dead. I didn't realize Pop Rocks were that old, either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. They're older than me. I feel pretty good about that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mikey's not dead but he's a lawyer? Maybe the pop rocks and coke just made his soul explode.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I had NO clue that Pop Rocks had been around since the 50's. And Mikey is a lawyer? Somehow that makes me feel like I may have failed at life a little...no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always loved pop rocks. In fact, I think there is a packet sitting in my kitchen drawer right now. We have a store that sells them...the cherry ones are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Heh...I know something cool you can do with Pop Rocks. Have your girl get completely...well never mind...

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search