Friday, August 12, 2011

DITCH THE STOCKS AND GO FOR VADER!

A "Telescoping Lightsaber” Darth Vader (1978) to be exact. Looks and acts like all the other old Kenner® toy Vaders you’ve seen, with one small exception. The lightsaber. The first run of this legendary toy had what’s called a telescoping saber. It was similar to the later versions in that it would rise out of the action figure's arm. However, the only difference was a thinner piece that would rise even further from the saber itself. 
Unfortunately, the design was discontinued because of its tendency to easily break.  It’s been reported that there are only 100 or so of these prized possessions out there. The latest asking price: $6000

Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 comments:

  1. Why, that's an even better investment than gold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "a thinner piece that would rise even further from the saber itself."

    sounds hot, but not $6000 hot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have mercy, I need to check the attic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I do have boxes and boxes and boxes of star wars toys so maybe something in there is worth that much! doubt it though...

    ReplyDelete
  5. For 6k this toy better do a whole lot more than shoot out a little beam of light. On another note, Darth's head looks a bit like a "knob"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pricey. Too expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fucking Pocket Change...where do I sign up?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd be very excited if this was in my old figure drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who the hell kept these in their packaging.

    ReplyDelete
  10. If I had one, it's long since gone missing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. $6000? That is insane unless you're one of the 100 people holding one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This makes me feel bad for every time I had a toy and ripped it off its box.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm pretty sure I chewed the head off of one of these when I was little. Had I only known.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That does not shock me at all, those things are worth more than gold these days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, 6000? What a great deal! I wonder how much my Greedo action figure is worth?

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW...that's a mittload of money for that! I wonder how easy it would be to part with one, though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. $6000 for a toy that breaks. We have a headless Barbie and Ken, I wonder how much they are worth?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing it didn't put someones eye out...then maybe it did and THAT'S why it was discontinued. $6000 is uber geek money though, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once again, I'm reminded how poorly I invested my money through the years...

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search