Monday, August 8, 2011

TOP 3 DOGGIE TREATS (THAT AREN’T SO BAD) TO EAT ON A DARE.


The allure of humans eating dog treats – a classic money bet. Let’s face it, with this economy you might find yourself in this situation. If you do, keep these three rules in mind.
1.) Go for the dry-ish stuff over the canned, wet, congealed food (easier to stomach).
2.) Size matters – you’ll do much better with 3 little treats, instead of scarfing down a big biscuit.
3.) Get the money up front (anything less than $20 is highway robbery).
As far as which is the best brand to snack on, here are the top 3 NWM picks:


Snausages: At a quick glance it does sorta look like an elongated pig in a blanket. So at least it’s visually appealing. Plus, it’s got cheese with a savory beefy center. Not so bad texture wise.

Milk Bone biscuits (for puppy or small dogs): Has the consistency of dry, dry crackers. Big plus is that they are teeny-tiny. Don’t let the colors fool you. They all taste the same.

Purina Beggin’ Strips: Go for the original Bacon. It definitely has a strong, bacony aroma, so that’s good. The only problem is this one is slightly chewy. Might be bad for the gag factor.

All of these choices are small enough that a big glass of water will be a big help in forcing down. Just check the warning label before eating. Dollars to donuts the bet purse won’t cover a trip to the hospital.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

24 comments:

  1. okay I have to agree with the beggin strips. Those are kinda good. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait! Have you actually been eating dog treats? If these are the best, I'm going to assume you've tried others for comparison sake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do you write with such expertise on this matter? Don't answer that.
    Thanks for the blog of the day.
    xoRobyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post, I agree with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with the beggin strips. The commercial advertises that dogs won't know it's not bacon, so I figure there's a chance one might not hurl, mid bet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really this is cool..these are the best..and wonderful comparison..thanks for sharing here..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe I'm weird, but I think I'm going to buy some Milk Bone biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's good betting advice, have you actually tried all these, if so kudos in the name of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ate a small Milkbone when I was a kid - not on a dare, mind you, but just because. It was a lot better than some of the healthy cereal my Mom bought back then. (They didn't have all of the lovely chocolate/nut fiber concoctions available today.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I used to tease my father that he would eat anything. That man lived to eat. Hell after a stroke that left him unable to talk, food was his joy in life. I teased him one day while I was filling up the dogs food dish and he grabbed a few kibbles and ate them. He didn't even blink. I gagged but he didn't. He was a tough old guy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How do you KNOW?! I can see you maybe taking ONE bet, but you're a full knowledge base!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I accidentally ate a sweet potato snack my brother had for his dog. I mean, what dog snacks on freaking sweet potatoes? But I must admit, it wasn't half bad.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always wanted to try the doggie treats!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two things...
    They have dog cookies at the petco by my house, they really smell and (sort of) taste like the real thing.
    Also, at a party we had, a friend of mine ate dry cat food out of a dish that was on the counter to keep the dog from getting it). My friend was so drunk that he actually said it was good...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been tempted to try my dogs bacon treats before, i was drunk though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the Holistic brand canned dog food. Just like beef stew! I mean, in the event of nuclear war, I'm sure this would be the stuff to go for...not that I've ever tasted it...not even not on a dare. Nevermind...end of the world, I'm heading for PetSmart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well...I guess this could be useful to some folks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the photo. I don't think I would eat snausages for $20, just the name makes me want to puke.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Real bacon, bacon flavored, what's the difference? I'd still eat it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search