In 2006, a revolutionary product was released to the German press –The Spray-on Condom. The way it works is you insert your penis into a small container filled with spray nozzles and PRESTO, a condom instantly appears. It’s being billed as the must solution for odd shaped genitalia looking for the perfect fit. Each liquid cartidge makes 20 (depending on length and girth). Inventor Jan Vinzenz Krause was all set to roll it out by the end of the year. Yet, here we are 3 years later and still no magic love glove. The following are some of the set backs Jan has confronted…
- During testing men became squeamish with the insertion process.
- Men also felt the noise (made during the application process) killed the mood.
- Dry time longer than expected.
- Costs twice as much as a regular pack of condoms.
- Liquid latex doesn’t form a reservoir tip.