Next to pet sympathy cards, I’d say Bar (or Bat) Mitzvah cards are one of the more difficult ones to fill out. Just to bring you up to speed, a Bar (or Bat) Mitzvah is a celebration of reaching adulthood. Not unlike being eligible to drive.
- You need to be a certain age: 13
- You need to take a test: Reading Torah portion in front of relatives & friends.
First off it’s usually customary to give money at these things. So buy one of those BM cards with a check holder in it. The card will probably have a Jewish star and a congratulations phrase on it like Mazel Tov (Good Luck). As far as a proper sign off goes, here are 8 “can’t miss” options with a smidge of appropriate humor.
- Great job on your portion!!! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Congrats!!! You’re officially an adult. Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Looks like the practicing paid off!! Love Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Congrats on your special day!!! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Loved the candy cart!!! Congrats!! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Great job chanting! Mazel Tov! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- What? No Matzo? Congrats! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith
- Totally nailed your portion!!! Mazel Tov! Love, Mr. & Mrs. Smith