A co-worker told me today that the military uses songs to help torture and interrogate prisoners. I didn’t believe her, so off to google I went. Turns out she’s right. The Wall St. Journal listed the 6 infamous / famous songs most used by the military. In no real order here they are…
1. Bruce Springsteen's "Born in the USA"
A Guantanamo favorite since it’s patriotic, loud and raspy.
2. Christina Aguilera's "Dirty"
Sexually charged lyrics tend to offend those cultures that aren’t so pro-ish towards women.
3. Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots Were Made for Walking"
Drippy pop ballad was used in a 1993 standoff against David Koresh.
4. AC/DC's "Shoot to Thrill" and "Hells Bells"
Heavy Metal is a go to weapon of the military ‘cause the tunes are loud and repetitive.
5. Anything by Barry Manilow
Used to chase away crowds of riotous punks.
6. Barney the Dinosaur's "I Love You"