Tuesday, February 22, 2011

HEY BLOGOSPHERE! I’VE RESORTED TO SEARCHING THROUGH GARBAGE JUST FOR YOU!

On the heels of Mtv’s new series Skins, I’m launching my controversial new blog-series Trash: NYC. I’m sure the parallels are obvious...


Skins – Underage kids doing above-the-age stuff.

[No logo yet]
Trash:NYC – Old me, sifting through garbage in plain sight of people. 

Freaky similar plotlines, right?

Season 1 / Episode 1: COLLEGE TRASHY

First day of shooting and I found one of NY’s finest. I believe this can is one of the ’05 models.
Location: 3rd and 12th – right in front of the NYU dorm building.
Day/Time: Presidents’ Day / Afternoonish

Observation: Since it was a long holiday weekend the spoiled kids weren’t around to litter the can. 

Cost of viewable trash:
Gourmet coffee – $3.49
Poland Spring – $1.42
Gatorade – $4.48
Total: $9.39

Final assessment: Sadly since it was a holiday I found no evidence of fun in the trash: condoms, drugs, alcohol, etc.

Sorry. I’m hoping for a stronger episode 2.   

Stumble Upon Toolbar

26 comments:

  1. I'm sure you'll find those items on the subway train.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I found the new show disturbing. I guess I am finally getting old and realize I am worried about my children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I’m hoping for a stronger episode 2."

    so am i!

    of course, if you wanna save time, i could just send you a picture of the contents of my own trash can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this realhard. The holiday episode: Dumpster Diving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha Holiday Dumpster diving, oh wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally see you winning an Emmy for this...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. thats nasty, btw fellow nycer here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cant wait for # 2. hope there is some good shit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That just sucks that you couldn't find anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. NYU dorm isn't a bad idea, but those kids are educated enough to a) not dump in their own yard or b) put the drugs, condoms, etc in an old ritz box or something less suspicious. You need to be more thorough, sir, or just go to central park. But if you use those drugs be ready to be a rent stereotype.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, hello Random! LOL I like it, though. Holy hell stuff in NY is expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's some expensive trash there. I bet episode 2 features some mystery item, like a box, or a glove.

    ReplyDelete
  13. lol wow thats what i thought @megan. 4.48 for gatorade??

    cool post tho man, looking forward to episode 2

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! That was a really, really exciting episode! You had some AWESOME finds! I will be sure to tune in next time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is funny!

    I don't want to be a nitpicker (spelling?) but for the Skins picture you used, you used the British cast not the American. I'm only pointing that out because the original (British) Skins is AWESOME and the American/MTV version is the worst piece of garbage ever. I'd recommend watching the British Skins, it's on Netflix.

    That's all!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have to take into account the recession!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was brilliant!!! Made my day!

    Wait...they are filiming a US version of Skins? Really?!?

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hopefully the pilot isn't cancelled and replaced with an unfunny Tyler Perry sitcom before the show can gain viewership.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A person could make some money on that trash...
    I could move there and recycle for a living.
    You are without a doubt the most inventive person I know...

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search