Monday, August 9, 2010

6 THINGS I’M 72.8% SURE YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT PAWN SHOPS



#1- The very first pawn shops were thought to have existed in china 3000 years ago.



#2- Centuries ago (in the province of Lombardy, Italy) pawnbrokers used to hang three golden spheres on their shop doors – a symbol that is still used by pawn shops today.

#3- Ray Charles played a pawn shop owner in the 1980 film THE BLUES BROTHERS.


#4- In 2001 a Super Bowl ring (worn by Patriot Brock Williams) was sold at a pawn shop for $60,000.

#5- The average pawn shop employee salary is approximately $23,000 a yr.

#6- The usual time limit given to pay back a pawn shop monetary loan is 30 days.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. You're a freakin' genius. I came here from the Monday Minute link-up because you know human nature too well! You crack me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pawn shops are such magical places. I make more money collecting unemployment that a pawn shop worker? That's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So basically, if my high school job in a department store had been a full-time gig, I could out earn a pawn shop worker. I also wouldn't have to deal with stolen merchandise or a cameo in a police report.

    There's a lesson in all this, kids...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes but what do the three balls symbolize? You've only left me with more questions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was interesting, actually. I had no idea 30 days was the time period. Seems too short. Glad I haven't had to hauk anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never set foot inside a pawn shop. I must say, you've piqued my curiosity a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how much I could get for my blog?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lord I was a regular at the Big Green Pawn shop for years. They knew my name, fixed me coffee, gave me first dibs on stuff people never picked up.. Like if I could afford it, why was I in there pawning, right?

    Loved this post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At Pawngo, for example, terms are for three to six months, at a maximum of 6 percent interest, but that interest is accrued every month. pawn shops in arizona

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search