Tuesday, August 17, 2010

8 THINGS I’M 72.8% SURE YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT MAGIC FINGERS.


#1- 1 quarter buys you 15 minutes on a Magic Fingers® vibrating bed.



#2- John Joseph Houghtaling invented the Magic Fingers® vibrating bed in 1958.

#3- John flew on 20 missions as a gunner in WW II.

#4- Magically, John lived to the ripe old age of 92 (he died on June 17th, 2009).



#5- The success of the Magic Fingers® bed is largely due to the fact that the engine is not a part of the bed like other models.


#6- To prevent coin looters Mr. Houghtaling invented  the first version of the magnetic strip based debit card as an alternative means of payment.



#7- The Magic Fingers® bed has been featured in a Jimmy Buffet song (This Hotel Room), Kurt Vonnegut’s Salughter House Five, and a Supernatural episode.

#8- In the 1960s approximately 250,000 hotel rooms featured the Magic Fingers® bed. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. Wow, blast from the past! I remember as a kid fighting over who got to ride the bed. That's funny cause one time we stayed in a cheap hotel in West Virginia and I heard the bed in the next room shaking and I was all angry and stomping. My parents asked me why and I said "We didn't get the room with the magic fingers!" My parents burst into laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most educational site on the whole damn internet. How are you not the most famous person alive? I think we should probably run away together. That's all I'll say.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, I didn't know that about Magic Fingers. I just know I can't resist if I see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seem like you're the Magic Fingers Expert!

    Question is - have you riden the Magic Carpet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting. I've never even seen a Magic Fingers bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't know all of that. I do know as a kid I loved them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL...I remember trying these beds out many moons ago (whenever I'd stay in a cheap motel, for the most part!)

    All the bed did was shake.....no magic fingers! I was gypped! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm still trippin over the used drawers...bizarre!!

    Thanks for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never used the magic fingers or even seen them...okay that's my one life-loss admission.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search