Wednesday, December 8, 2010

GAY – 1 STRAIGHT – ZIP


Let’s see if team hetero can pull this one out (sorry, poor choice of words). Again, for all you newcomers out there the rules are simple. I choose a random city. This time let’s say, oh I don’t know…
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Next I select a random Gay and Straight bar. Then I have a head-to-head competition based on my own special criteria. And finally, I make a generalized assumption about the entire state. Ready...set...go!!!



The contenders:


5PM – 9PM:
2-for-1’s Cocktails & Beer / $2 Domestic Taps
Noon-9PM Daily:
$3 Well Drinks

9PM – MIDNIGHT:
$4 Call Drinks     


THE WINNER: SALOON
I got nothing against S&H. I just feel the SALOON has a bit more variety and cheaper drink specials. However, the plus for S&H is that their special goes til’ midnight.




Cheese Curds $6
Battered Chicken Wings $6
Chicken Tenders $6

Cheese Curds $6
Chicken Wings $8.75
Chicken Tenders $7



THE WINNER: SALOON
If I’m drunk I’m looking to stuff my face for the cheapest amount of $ possible. SALOON accomplishes that goal for me. Again, I’m sure both bars have delicious food.




(TUESDAY) 9PM-Close:
Karaoke 9PM-close & Latino night in the disco from 10PM-close.
$3 Corona & $4 Cuervo Margaritas from 10PM-close.  

(THURSDAY) $5 KILL THE KEG NIGHT




THE WINNER: DRAW
Sure the SALOON  has better drink deals, but I also have to give credit to S&H for the creative bar special / event.


THE CHAMP:





THAT SIMPLY MEANS IN MINNESOTA IT’S BETTER TO GO TO A GAY BAR THAN A STRAIGHT BAR. 

GAY (2) STRAIGHT (Zip)

Stumble Upon Toolbar

33 comments:

  1. haha..well..that´s nice to know..if I ever go to Minessota..well now I know xD

    http://fiercepty.blogspot.com/

    Greetings
    Andy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah never been to Minnesota. I guess I'll keep this in mind...? Haha your blog is pretty original dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in Minneapolis for years. Unfortunately, I've never been to either of these places, so I cannot offer any input. But next time I go back to visit, I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know. Though if I'd have guessed based on the names of the bars I would have thought that S&H was a gay bar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saw your comment. Thanks for making me blog of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best one is the one with breast

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking the bathroom action should count as entertainment, so the gay bar gets even a higher score.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only place where I heard that :), If I ever go to Minnesota, Ill go to a gay bar

    ReplyDelete
  9. im pretty sure gay bars are just better in general! ive never been to Minnesota but ive been to NY gay bars and straight bars and let me tell you gay bars win hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm didn't any1 try to pick you up in the gay bar? Wasn't that a problem? :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. this article has made me question my sexuality.
    Why no pedo bars?

    ReplyDelete
  12. well if I'm ever in that are I will go, plus its always better in a gay bar ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a former resident of The Twin Cities who has been to both straight and gay bars there (being a straight person with many gay friends), I will vouch for the gay bars being better. Not just the drink and food but the people-watching is better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the heads up if I ever travel that way I'll check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. WTH are cheese curds? If it's cheap and you can have fun, who cares who checks you out?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Why doesn't some hot sexy dude ever hold up a card?

    ReplyDelete
  17. To quote a Keanu movie, you sure are "Feeling Minnesota". ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. your logic, sir, is absolutely infallible... well done

    ReplyDelete
  19. what in the world are cheese curds? And I have to say.... karaoke wins every time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. thats really fun hope you come in canada

    ReplyDelete
  21. Couldn't even figure out which one was the gay bar and which was the straight...does that say something, or too much??

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gay people are more and more accepted!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would go to gay bars except I'm not a really big fan of what comes after. >_>

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cheese Curds? WTF?
    must be a midwest thing....

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search