Thursday, September 10, 2009

BEST BLEU CHEESE BETS FOR WINGS!


Football is back. Which means once again I’ll be gorging myself into a food coma every Sunday. This season however, I promised myself that I wasn't going to wreck all that new found healthy-ness in my body – unless it was truly worth it. To me, Buffalo wings definitely fits this caloric qualification. Of course, that's ONLY if you have the right bleu cheese. Use a watered down bleu-ish dressing, and you'll totally kill the taste of even the best wings. Now if you’re at the bar, you’re at the kitchen’s mercy. If you're tailgating or doing the couch thing, you do have a couple of winning options. Here are my 3 personal picks.

#3 – Kraft Roka Bleu Cheese:

This is not their regular dressing brand. It’s a bit more heavy duty on the thickness – compared to Kraft’s regular stuff. The taste is good, and not overpowering. However, it still lacks the richness I crave. When you stick a wing in, it should literally be coated like paint. I also feel they could up the cheese chunk factor.

#2 – Wish-Bone Chunky Blue Cheese:

This one is still light on consistency. However, it totally makes up for it with the sheer amount of big bleu cheese chunks they cram in. It almost borders on too much. Almost. As far as taste goes, Wish-Bone is pretty much the sharpest of the bunch. Which might produce a bad after taste with the honey mustard or BBQ wing flavors.

And #1…

Marie’s Chunky Blue Cheese:

Put dressing in a jar and you got me sold. Marie’s just looks like your getting sauce for dipping, instead of dressing. As far as the coating factor, it totally exceeds all expectations. It’s creamy, rich with just the right Bleu cheese crumble ratio. They also score extra points for having 5 Blue Cheese varieties (Blue Cheese Vinaigrette, Blue Cheese with Bacon, Chunky Blue Cheese, Lite Chunky Blue Cheese and the Premium Super Blue Cheese.) For tailgate time, Marie's is a must in my playbook.

Learn even more about Marie’s than you care to...

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search