Wednesday, October 7, 2009

GOOD AND BAD GAMES BASED ON MY CITY.


by Joshen McEwen (NWM Staff Writer)

I recently found a list of games set in a city. Specifically my city – NY. Ok, it’s not mine per say – Bloomberg owns it. On the list, there are a are a few noteworthy awesome games such as True Crime New York City, and any of the multiple Spider-man games that take the time to beautifully recreate New York City, and make the setting a focal point of game play. Sadly there also exists games that suck and bring shame to our city. One such game is CSI NY, for the PC which has found it’s way into my local GameStop’s bargain bin priced at $3.99. I purchased the game and played it only to come to the conclusion that I just wasted $4, I could have possibly spent on McDonalds, or passing on to the homeless. Playing this game is mind numbing. The graphics are 2d cartoonish which could work had the game not been so incredibly boring. The game is 5 cases long, It’s your basic puzzle solving, evidence gathering, suspect questioning, Investigative drama, but it boils down to clicking things and asking questions. Now Investigative drama’s sounds fun, but is executed all wrong in CSI NY. If you are looking for a game worth playing to stimulate the mind try Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney. Phoenix Wright is investigation done right, not only do you gather evidence and solve mysteries you get the chance to prove your point in court. CSI New York, shame on you.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that.
    ld hardas

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search