Monday, December 7, 2009

TRAMP STAMP BARBIE? OH NO SHE DIDN’T.


by Janni Ogglin (NWM Staff Writer)

Started trolling Amazon the other day for X-mas presents for my niece. My older sis said she’s totally into dolls now. Naturally my first instinct was to check out the mecca of all dress-up dollies, Barbie. Now, I fully expected to see Barbie's look updated with a Bratz-style makeover. However I kinda felt Totally Stylin' Tattoos Barbie also treads a wee bit in the whore category. The concept behind this doll is you can add tattoos to her. Gee let me think how that ends up. It's a Tramp Stamp gimmee. I mean, what’s the first thing all little girls do with their b-dolls during unsupervised playtime? Strip her down and chop off her hair with the scissors. Add tats to the mix and you got the perfect recipe to stunt a growing self-image. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

 
Custom Search