Monday, December 7, 2009

MAKE AN ASS OF YOURSELF (version 2.0)


by Greg Colfaz (NWM Staff Writer)

Yo from Cottonwood, Idaho. I think I’ve maybe done Karaoke 3 times in my life. Both times I was sh-tfaced. They weren’t pretty pictures. Me rocking it out to Jovi’s Living on a Prayer for performance #1. Number 2 was a group of us power-ballading through High Enough (Damn Yankees). Thankfully I don’t remember anything about #3, except that I threw up 15 minutes later. So it's safe to say it’d take lots of grainy liquids and prescription drugs to make me attempt to do a #4. Though I’d probably just need a sip of a refreshing cocktail for Movieoke. A version of Karaoke that deals with movie quoting instead of bad singing.

The set up is the same as its karaoke counterpart. You use a projector screen and speakers for the scene and a mini-tv for the words. Each participant gets a microphone.

Choose from hundreds of classic scenes (Caddyshack, Titanic, A Few Good Men, etc.). Then simply grab a partner (or not) and act it out.

SO WHERE CAN I GET SH-TFACED AND DO MOVIEOKE?

So far I’ve only seen it done in the big cities like NYC and Chicago. Which means I won’t be acting out The Notebook anytime soon in my neck of the woods. Here are contacts for both organizations.

movieoke.net

chicagomovieoke.com


Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between superb usability and visual appearance. I must say you have done a superb job with this. Additionally, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Safari. Outstanding Blog!
    My web site > dora the explorer boots costume toddler

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search