Monday, October 12, 2009

MORE 3.1 TALES OF HORRORS.


by Greg Colfaz (NWM Staff Writer)

Yo, from Cottonwood Idaho. Still haven’t updated my iPhone yet – on account of my PC computer sucking an all. Here are 3 other ghoulish tales of tech about 3.1…

I upgraded my 3G to software 3.1 last night. Right at the upgrade onset I got the 2006 error that required a reload of iPhone OS, then I restored all my content. Went to bed, it worked fine for about 4 hours this morning and as of about an hour ago, it shuts down after about 5 minutes of inactivity. I then have to hold down home and the wake/sleep button for 10 secs to make it reboot.


Random shut-downs occurred after OS 3.1 update. Only a reset will make it work. It happened once yesterday and about six times today. On the most recent attempt to reset, the battery was completely drained. It had been at around 80% charged three hours earlier, on the last time I'd successfully used it.


I was browsing in Safari and locked the phone using the top button. Second time I was listening to music and paused the music using the button on my headset. When I came to use it again a few mins later it was locked hard. Plugging it into the power doesn't elicit a response either. All this within 24 hours of the 3.1 update. I've had this iPhone for over a year and it's never done this before.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search