Monday, November 30, 2009

6 QUESTIONS FOR A SEMI-PRO PAPARAZZI?


So how much do you make for a photo? Depends. On average it can be a couple a hundred. A big payday for me would be 5 grand.

If you’re lucky enough to get that money shot (excuse the expression) how do you go about selling it? I create a low res version of the photo and place a watermark over it. That’s those symbols you see on stock photography to prevent people from using it. Since I don’t have an agent I email the photo myself to publication buyers.

What are some of the criteria the pubs look for? Obviously who the celebrity is is at the top of the list. Some of the other factors are quality of the photo and what the celebrity is actually doing.

What type of equipment is a MUST for your profession? Totally need to get a top quality digital camera with decent zoom lenses. Lots of memory cards (with mega-space) are also key.

Where’s the easiest place to catch some celebrity action? Movie shoots on location work best for me. If they have a talk show appearance, I usually hang outside the studio.

Do ever use any secret sources? I sometimes hire private investigators to do the legwork for me. It can be a big help, but it takes away from your profits.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search