Friday, November 27, 2009

THE PLAY-DOH DIET

by Joshen McEwen (NWM Staff Writer)

I took a trip down memory lane today. Cracked open a tub of Play-Doh and began molding my little fingers away. In mid-squish of a florescent green color I suddenly wondered exactly what the hell is Play-Doh. Thanks to the miracle that is Google, I ultimately came up with the answer. Play-Doh is like 90% food product and best of all, non toxic. This led me down a whole new rabbit hole. What would happen if I took up an all Play-Doh diet? It shouldn’t kill me. Over the 50 years Play Doh has been in circulation it’s been a part of many a child’s diet. I want to know if I eat Play-Doh for a year straight will it sustain me? It has starch and salt, so it’d be like living on Top Raman noodles...just like college. As you'll see for yourself, the two differ by only one ingredient...not including the florescent coloring. Freaky.

Ingredients:

Water
Starch-based binder
Retrogradation inhibitor
Salt


Ingredients:

wheat flour

salt

water

kansui



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search