Monday, October 12, 2009

I WANT TO BE DRUNK, YESTERDAY.


by Joshen McEwen (NWM Staff Writer)

If you want to be drunk in a jiffy, I found what has to be the most potent alcohol ever. The demon is called Everclear. I have personally never come in contact with this drink for good reason, but I’ll address that later. First, Everclear is a brand of neutral grain spirit. It comes in concentration of 151 proof and 190 proof. Now many people don’t know if you take the alcoholic proof and divide it by 2 you get the percentage of alcohol available – the alcoholic content. Now what’s special about 190 proof or roughly 96% alcohol and 4% water? It forms an azoetrope. Which means no further water may be removed by distillation. And as a result of that Mr. Wizard fact, you're getting the highest alcohol content one can find. Guaranteed to get you f%$ked up. Now the high alcohol content of Everclear makes it illegal and hard to find in many states. Everclear in it’s awesome 190 proof form is illegal in Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York (both a blessing and a curse for me), Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, California, and Kansas. I can only imagine the increase in 3am club and bar violence if we had Everclear readily available. Not to mention the damage done to the inexperienced 21yr old livers around the city. I feel like I would get drunk just by holding the bottle. Everclear, it does a drinker good.

Everclear drinker speaks...sorta.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search