Friday, June 25, 2010

HOLY CRAP, I WEAR OLD PEOPLE SOCKS!!!


When did that happen? Ok, I’m 39. And I admit I was never on the fringe of fashion. But wow, I'm officially out of touch. I was alerted to my “lame” status by the younger hip coworkers. Apparently all the cool kids are not only popping Xanax® pills, and doing eyeball shots [future post], they are also wearing ONLY ankle socks. Available for $8.64 (for 6-pairs) at Amazon.com. Personally, I like the big athletic crew socks. You really get a lot of sock for your money (see above the visual). Of course I am always open to suggestions. But not without first conducting an impromptu survey while walking to work this morning. Here are the results…
  • Young muscle-head – short socks
  • Old man (70ish) – long socks
  • Bike messenger – short socks
  • Shirtless street musician – short socks
  • Mentally unstable individual – long socks

I lost. [Big surprise] So I guess I’ll be buying one of these jobbies next week. I'll let you know how they work out. 

Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

  1. pat wears the socks in the bottom picture. you MUST invest in some of those. those socks in the first picture are pretty damn ugly! lol. i'm sorry copyboy. i still love you. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right! I wear those sexy little socks 'cause I got me some righteous gams...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wear the longer crew socks as well. When I wear shorts I have them scrunched down (not as neatly) similar to yours. When I wear long pants I pull them up all the way. One positive to the flexibility of these crew socks...if you are around an area with chiggers in the grass you will be damn glad you have long socks! I do however wear ankle socks when I play golf...I'm not a total douche!

    http://www.apackalipsnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all. You have cankles. You may want to keep those hidden. Just sayin'

    Second. Where do you live? Because those ankle socks are gay around here unless you are running/jogging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

    Oh my fucking god! How did I NOT know this about you???? We could have fixed this IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, my hubby wears the photos in the picture below your fartsy socks from the 80s. Ha ha! I do all of his shopping though, so if not for me, he'd prolly be in the same ones you're wearing. Dude, think about it,k it could be worse, they could be black or brown like my grandpa always wore! He wore them with SHORTS and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How about the white socks with BLACK shoes issue which needs to be addressed before the sock issue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haven't you been 39 for over a year now?? I think you qualify for the knee high socks once you hit 40. Besides, they cover the veins that start popping out too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Scary when you notice things like this - at least you're working to rectify the situation immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your enormous white socks are sort of cool, in an anti-cool F.U. kind of way. But if you start wearing tennis shoes with velcro fastenings--then you really ARE old.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. dont buy ankle socks- buy 'no show' socks. thats what people mean when they say ankle socks. and- please buy them immediately or we cant be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only excuse to wear a sock that extends past your heel is if you're playing a sport. Otherwise, please resist, especially if you're wearing shorts.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search