Friday, June 4, 2010

SKINHEADS LOVE BOOTS, BUT NOT NECESSARILY WHITE POWER.


Truthfully, it’s really just a handful of racist, religious bashing, bad apples that ruined it for the rest of the SKINHEAD population. Skinheads actually first appeared in the UK (in the 1960s) as a peace-loving group that followed ska and soul bands. This whole Neo-Nazi / white supremacist thing didn’t come into play ‘til the late 70s. Unfortunately this uber-evil Skinhead sect gained tremendous popularity. 

Even in ‘87, when visionary / Skinhead Marcus Pacheco formed SHARP (Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice), it did little to stop this monster movement. Since then both Skinhead groups have been in strong opposition of each other for 20 plus years. EXCEPT, when it comes to one subject – BOOTS. Both camps agree that in order to look your Skinhead best, you need a powerful, ass kicking, foot stomping boots. Here are the top two faves of both groups.

Made from tough leather with the classic Dr. Martens grooved sole pattern.



Solovair 8 eyelet boots ($116 @ aircushionboot.com)
Offers the utmost in strength, flexibility, comfort, and durability.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

14 comments:

  1. Good to know that they can agree on something. I think I might invest in the Dr. Martens and then take on of those racist bastards, bend him over, and insert my 8 1/2 right up his ass! By the way, I come from that redneck population that handles business and then goes fishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I continue to purchase DM on Zappos. I own like three pairs. Sadly I can't wear the boots, they look funny when you don't have skinny calves. I love Fred Perry shirts too - which is what the skinhead in blue is wearing :) You should rent Romper Stomper. I don't remember much about it I saw it years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday Follow, now following you via Google Friend. Be sure to stop by our blog at

    www.musingsofanarmywife.blogspot.com
    www.safehomehappymom.com

    We offer valuable giveaways and safety information for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They had ska in the 60's and they referred to it as ska?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Should I ever decide to become a skinhead, I shall go for the Dr. Martens. Just cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those boots are really cool. I have a pair that look kinda like them....my motorcycle boots. :) (Don't get all excited...I only ride pillion.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder why this wasn't a commercial for Dr Martens......

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got to admit the Doc's look badass AND kickass...in a peace-loving way of course...

    http://www.apackalipsnow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those boots are made for walkin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aren't skinheads who aren't racist just bald guys?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Skinhead has always been violent, skinhead was never a peace loving music. True skinhead did not start off with the 88 Hitler bullshit, but let's not mistake the reason skinheads wear boots

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search