Saturday, June 19, 2010

I’M A GROWN MAN AND I WATCHED, NO, ENJOYED AN ABC FAMILY SHOW LAST NIGHT.


Yes, instead of the Mets/Yanks or World Cup highlights my wife and I watched episode 2 of a tween show called PRETTY LITTLE LIARS. It’s cheesy. Somewhat predictable. But I gotta admit it definitely has my vote for guilty pleasure of the summer.

SO WHAT’S GOT A 39 YR. OLD HOOKED?
PRETTY LITTLE LIARS revolves around 4 popular high school chicks with dirty little secrets.
Well more like PG-13 dirty.
  • One chick is having an affair with her teacher.
  • One chick is struggling with lesbianism.
  • One girl shoplifts.
  • One girl hooks up with her sister's fiancé.

Oh, and they all have a former friend who mysteriously died. And now she seemingly watches their every move and sends 'em texts from the grave. It’s kinda like I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER meets well, not really sure yet. All I know is the plot has enough twists to keep me semi-glued to the TV for most of the time…And I’m a dude.  I also gotta admit the cast does a decent job of adding to the tension without heading into campy, TV movie territory. If you’re looking for some syrupy sweet, mindless fun, set your DVR or TIVO to record ABC FAMILY on Tuesday @ 8pm. Or just ignore me completely. No biggie either way.

Added bonus to the show: Chad Lowe plays a dad.

Here’s the trailer…



Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. I'm totally hooked on this one already. This plus Persons Unknown are going to be my guilty pleasure tv watching for the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of the 20 somethings in my class have been trying to get me to watch this... chad lowe you say... might have to watch it now

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hubby is addicted to the kardashians and i know it's for the girls! hint hint. i love that chad lowe is working again! remember that show spencer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was curious about this show. I may have to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered if that was going to be any good! Thanks for the heads up!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've started watching this as well but I seem to be slightly forcing myself, there is something fake about the show in my eyes...basically I want more sex but know it's not going to happen, still I can see that I will be addicted in no time THE GUYS ARE HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Confession time: I watched it, too...and kinda enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search