Wednesday, January 27, 2010

MEMORABLE PIECES OF ART MADE FROM PIECES OF SH*T AND LOTS OF PISS.

by Biz-Boy (NWM Staff Writer)

Back in the mid-80s I was ping-pong superstar. Mind you I wasn’t “travel to China” good, but I could still beat the pants off all of my friends. In fact, I was so amazing I’d even play them with other objects instead of a paddle like the bottom of a pitcher, a notepad, basically anything that was somewhat sturdy with a flat surface. I guess this is my way of saying I can relate to these 3 controversial artists that are sooo talented they graduated from paints and rock to unorthodox methods of creating masterpieces. WARNING: If the idea of religious works of art being made from anal or genital secretions deeply offends you, you might NOT want to peruse ahead.





Artist: CHRIS OFILI
Title of Work: Holy Virgin Mary
Year: 1996
Materials: Elephant dung
Public Reaction: Then (NYC) Mayor Rudy Giuliani issued a lawsuit for exhibiting Mr. Ofili's work in the Brooklyn Museum of Art.




Artist: ANDRES SERRANO
Title of Work: Piss Christ
Year: 1987
Materials: Plastic crucifix submerged into a glass of human urine
Public Reaction: Senators Jesse Helms and Al D’Amato were outraged that the artist received 15 grand from the National Endowment for the Arts.




Artist: HELEN CHADWICK
Title of Work: Piss Flowers
Year: 1991 - 1992
Materials: Created from a cast of the cavities made as a result of her husband (David Nortarius) and her urinating in the snow.
Public Reaction: Helen was nominated for the Turner Prize in 1987.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Dude that's so gross. PS Tonight at 11 Jersey Shore - Before the Shore on MTV! Woo hoo!

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search