Saturday, January 23, 2010

YANKABLE AD CAMPAIGN OF THE WEEK.

by Jani Ogglin (NWM Staff Writer)

Walking out on a brisk January morning (for a bagel and a schmear) I was stopped dead in my tracks by the sight of this ad/poster for American Apparel. I actually felt a tad uncomfortable viewing it (even worse when I snapped an iphone pic). Me? I’m totally not a prude (I experimented in college). It just didn’t evoke the hot sensuality the Victoria Secret angels do when striking poses. This looked a bit like a cover for a “barely legal erotica” DVD. I’m not suggesting anyone yanks the ads or boycotts anything. I’m just saying I wouldn’t be surprised if some church or activist group put the screws to some media outlet. After doing a bit of research, I did find out this intimates manufacturer got in a little hot water back in ’07 with their racy campaign that was accused of depicting rape. See below to judge or ogle.






Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

 
Custom Search