Saturday, January 9, 2010

I’M OFFICIALLY A BLOG FOLLOWING SLUT, IS THAT SO WRONG?


To all bloggers looking for more followers:

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT!

Sorry for the all caps thing. It’s just that I’ve been hanging out on pretty much the only forum in this e-town where you can fish for blog followers …THE GOOGLE COFFEE SHOP. To be honest it’s actually a help forum started by the Google folks. However the section SHARE BLOGS, TALK LIFE has become the unofficial “you follow my blog, I’ll follow yours” destination. There are actually tons of threads you can take advantage of. My anger isn’t directed at these people trying to pimp themselves out to get more followers. Hell, I'm right there with you. I’m all about hating the “holier than thou” peeps that make it seem what we’re doing is WRONG, DIRTY and nothing but SHAMELESS PROMOTION. They’ll disrupt the thread with their classic question – Do you want readers that really appreciate your blog or just followers you snagged as a result of a petty bribe?

It’s sorta like a virtual bucket of red paint being tossed at us “natural fur wearing” bloggers. Sorry if my analogy brings it into “clubbed baby seal” territory. I just think there’s nothing wrong with wanting that big, honkin’ “followers” number. It makes your blog seem more appealing which in the end nets you more readers. What's so bad about that? Rant finished.

Shameless ask begins…

If you like what you read (or not) please, please, please, please, please follow me and I’ll do the same. Seriously, I totally will.

Sincerely,

Not Worth Mentioning




Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. Loving the vitriol.

    Of course, you're completely wrong. My leaving this comment proves it.

    I regularly read your blog and yet I don't "follow" you, but you don't read my blog and yet you do "follow" me. Not only that…while I have only ten "followers" – the traffic on my blog is well in excess of a thousand hits (admittedly, the 'tits and lips' profile picture helps) but, despite the fact you have double the "followers" I have, your "blog views" are in the low hundreds…A.K.A. Having "followers" ain't all that!

    It's a shame you didn't use this post as a thread in the Coffee Shop - that place needs more fire-starters like you…hehehe.

    Good post nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few easy-to-follow tips on how to gain greater rear/follower visibility:

    1. Edit your Twitter profile so that you display the URL web-link to this blog - currently, you don't.

    2. If you've a Facebook account, add the free 'NetworkedBlogs' application which will automatically link this blog to your Facebook account - so when you post a blog here, it will then automatically appear on your Facebook Wall shortly afterwards and allow all your FB contacts to read it. (see my blog page to get a clear idea of how it looks).

    3. In the Blogger list of free apps, there is a 'show my recent Tweets' offering - this will allow readers of your blog to see what you're doing in Twitter - remember, there's are a ton of folks who prefer not to use Twitter but will read blogs - and vice versa. Again, see my blog to get an idea of how it looks to see if you're happy with it.

    4. Good luck and hope that helps :)

    Cheers,

    Bren.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...man, I sincerely wish I had more followers and hits m'self. :/

    Of course, it'd be easier if I posted ANY pictures at all, really. All I have are my words, words, words...plus I'm a dude. No tits and lips pics. :3

    ...wait, you ARE following me, right? I'm fairly certain you are already...still, this Google Coffee Shop thing whatever sounds interesting.

    Might give it a try...

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search