Monday, August 31, 2009

“SKANK” LABEL, NOT FOR JUNIORS!


by Jani Ogglin (NWM Staff Writer)

Wait in breathless anticipation no longer – Zazzle just got a fresh shipment of HOT SKANK tees. Available in all sizes (baby doll and up). More good news, they come in lilac. Unfortunately, my jubilation was cut short when I discovered they also have Lil’ skank shirts – for toddlers!

Look, I’ll be the first one to laugh at the baby t-shirts like Brat in Training or Mama’s Little Bitch (actually, that might have been a doggy tee). Bitch and brats are instant labels. Pretty much based on personality. I feel like SKANK is a name you have to earn.

In my mind, it’s a HO with wisdom. A BEEATCH that’s been around the block – if you will. I say this because I am a SKANK! Well, at least I’ve been called one from time to time. Sure it pissed me off to hear this verbal scarlet letter.

However now, (after many years and a couple of couch sessions) I've come to grips with it. I actually wear SKANK as a badge of honor. Similar to you guys proudly displaying an old fighting scar. It’s part of who I am. I just feel that offering up the “skank worthy” title at such an early age is wrong! You’re robbing them of a defining moment in womanhood. A growth experience. A right of passage. That being said, the 2T long sleeve shirts are kinda cute. And yes, they do come in ash.

Click here for all SKANK sizes and styles. No judgments.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Let's count the excuses:

    - I don't have any money
    - I'm saving for a house in CT
    - I have to go to a naming
    - I've been busy with work
    - She can't travel
    - No call back
    - Blah blah blah

    Hope you had fun in NO with your 40 year old friends buddy...

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search