Saturday, August 29, 2009

WARNING: RICK ASTLEY VIRUS STILL RAMPANT ON YOUTUBE!


Surprisingly, I've found YOUTUBE to be one of the best sources for learning how to do a specific thing with computer software. I just search the name of the program, and what I’m trying to do. I usually get about 5 or 6 videos that deliver clear, step-by-step instructions. It’s informative, and best of all, free. Recently however, I’ve had trouble finding videos. Not ‘cause they don’t exist mind you. It’s just that they’re wedged between all of these new "shock reveal" pranks. Those are the videos with the seemingly innocent title. You click on it, and it starts to play what you think has to do with the video topic. Only after ten seconds it suddenly cuts off to reveals a scary face (like Linda Blair from the Exorcist) complete with crazy screams. More recently, people (like myself) have been treated to the next version of this video virus – Astley’d. Simply put, it’s the same format as the scare videos. Only this time it’s Rick Astley’s mug at the end of the video with the phrase – YOU’VE BEEN ASTLEY’D! Now personally, I don’t have anything against the mid-80s crooner. I just don’t want him ^%$$%^ up my instructional videos. So surf carefully. ‘Cause there’s no rhyme or reason for these Astleys. And it's only a matter of time before we all get BOLTON'd!

The RA positive virus has even spread to network TV.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search