Monday, May 24, 2010

DOLLYWOOD RIDE NAME LEAVES A BAD TASTE IN MY MOUTH.


Kinda wish I had the opportunity to sit in this “ride naming” brainstorm. It's not that I don’t like BEAVER CREEK mind you. It is down home, and folksy – pure Dolly. My only criticism would be is I’m not quite sure the 18-24 demographic would see it that way. I just have this wild hunch that  “I’VE SWAM IN BEAVER CREEK” tshirts would be snatched up faster than morning dew on a snake's belly [sad attempt at Dolly-speak]. Dirty name aside, it does sound like a fun time for the kiddies based on the Dollywood description …

Little loggers-in-training will love wading into the ripples of Beaver Creek where they can soak their toes and soak up good times.  This lazy little stream is filled with big fun--and maybe a "beaver" or two!

Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. I don't think that's the only age group that will be all over that one, obviously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair point. I don't think I'd buy a shirt with that on it. But I don't need it. I still have, thanks to Canada, a shirt that reads 'Beaver Lumber.' What more do I need?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of Canada...
    How about:
    Big Beaver Rapids?
    Small Beaver Rapids?
    Black Beaver Rapids?
    Beaver Lodge?
    Beaver Valley?
    Green Beaver?
    Beaver Dam?
    Beaver Lake?
    Beaver River?

    All brought to you by the fine folks of northern Ontario!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, TS Hendrik....we had a Beaver Lumber in my hometown back in Ontari-ari-ari-oh. (Or is that eh?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you might be on to something - they've definitely called it Beaver Creek with tshirt slogans in mind. You cracked the case, Sherlock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to go to Dollywood, but I will steer clear of the dirty ride thanks to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They didn't take my suggestion of 'Vagina River'....

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search