Saturday, May 1, 2010

HEROIN CHIC SHOPPING FOR DUMMIES

The CK Heroin Chic look has kinda fallen out of style since the 90s. No more Kate Moss wannabes (except for young B-list celebs). More and more models like Heidi Klum, Tyra Banks, Lady Gaga, and Gisele Bündchen have a bit more meat on their bones. Great news if you’re a young teen looking for role models today. Bad news if you’re trying to buy a gift for someone who might have an unorthodox eating or narcotic habit.

HOW CAN I TELL IF THE PERSON I AM BUYING A GIFT FOR IS HEROIN CHIC?

Physical signs you should look for are as follows…

  • Waif type body
  • Pale skin
  • Dark circles underneath the eyes
  • Glazed look
  • Jutting facial bones


WHEN BUYING FOR A HEROIN CHIC PERSON YOU SHOULD…

  • Shop in the size zero to one section.
  • Not buy anything too clingy or with a bare back
  • Not buy anything with giant polka dots
  • Look for layered or fluffy fabrics.
  • Avoid vertical lines.
  • Add boots to the ensemble.


SO WHERE CAN I BUY HEROIN CHIC STUFF?

Actually it’s now called Boho-chic (short for Bohemian). The style now has morphed into a hippie, dirty, hobo look. Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen lead the way with their line OLSENBOYE at JC Penny.


BONUS: HEROIN MAKE-UP TUTORIAL


Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to have that look. Oh well. I have to hurry over to your LinkWithin as I see it's about that jerky Justin Booby, I mean Bobby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait just a darn minute... I have 4 of those 5 signs and I'm definitely not a heroin chic. I haven't worn a 0, since... since longer than I care to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. for some reason I watched that whole video. I'm going to have nightmares now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch the video, now I feel tawdry...
    I hope if my therapist is available

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huh? I don't get the polka dots thing. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thankfully I seem to meet all the criteria for Heroin Chic, and even more. Yet the problem with HCH is (beside that one it got unfortunately burnt out) that you are going to fail in it if too much 'literally', so to say. In other words, you never gonna be a decent "junkie" if you're looking like a JUNKIE. I mean you need to be flawless like a canva or an angel before you are going to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfully I seem to meet all the criteria for Heroin Chic, and even more. Yet the problem with HCH is (beside that one it got unfortunately burnt out) that you are going to fail in it if too much 'literally', so to say. In other words, you never gonna be a decent "junkie" if you're looking like a JUNKIE. I mean you need to be flawless like a canva or an angel before you are going to fall.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search