Monday, January 4, 2010

THOUGHT I LIKED IT, BUT NOW IT’S SLIGHTLY ANNOYING.


Seems Google has lifted its clean homepage policy a tad. In honor of Sir Isaac Newton’s B-day they added the famous apple tree to the logo. The Google-ians then went a bit further by including falling apple animation. To me it was a very cute suprise at 9:02am. At approximately 4:37pm it’s getting a smidge old. By 8:30 I’m sure it’ll be entering the “enough already!” phase, and well on the way to “Cut the Sh*t!” realm by 10:43pm.

I sorta compare it to the classic ABC Saturday morning claymation “After These Messages…” bumpers (seen below). At first they were cute and fun to watch. 4 years later (while mid-way through puberty) each one was like fingernails on a chalkboard. To each his own I guess.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Custom Search