Thursday, April 8, 2010

1O GENUINE COMMENTS FRIDAY FOLLOWERS CAN USE.


At this point I’d be hard pressed to find a blogger who doesn’t know what Friday Follow is. Essentially it’s a giant list that bloggers can sign up for on Friday (at the stroke of midnight) in the hopes of getting massive amounts of followers. All you do is fill out your blog title and URL and you’re all ready. The way you get people to follow you is when you comment on another listed blog you usually say something like …

Following you from Friday Follow. Hope you will follow me back.
OR
Found your blog on Friday Follow. I’m now a follower. Have a GREAT day!

Now I have no problem with that type of commenting one bit…sorta. I guess when that’s all the person writes I feel like they are on a follower target # mission rather than wanting to discover a great new blog to read. But I’m NOT about to get on my high horse and say I would never do what they do. HELL, I’M A BLOG FOLLOWING SLUT AND PROUD OF IT. I just think that there are far less direct (more flattering) comment routes to take – even if you only read the title of the post. Here are 10 (free of charge).


1- I never thought about it that way. Thanks for the unique life perspective. Glad I found your blog on Friday Follow.


2- Now that is really $#$@ funny. Totally LMAO right now. You’re the best Friday Follow find yet.


3- I totally gotta tell my husband that one. Classic. So happy you decided to do Friday Follow.


4- I can’t believe that happened. You really are a strong person. Thanks for showing up on Friday Follow.


5- WOW!! That's amazing. I so wish I could draw like that. Totally made my day that I found your blog on Friday Follow.


6- Sounds like an awesome movie. Definitely putting it on my Netflix Queue. You are the best Friday Follow blog I found today.


7- Oh man, I’m soooo jealous you got to go there. That must’ve been such a relaxing vacation. Gotta thank Friday Follow for putting me in touch with your blog.


8- That has to be the cutest dog I have ever seen. My brother has one of those. You’re the coolest Friday Follow blog yet.


9- My friend had a similar problem. Hang in there. From what I heard it will get better. Glad we can be Friday Follow blog buddies.


10- That poem is totally deep on so many levels. Looking forward to reading more. So glad I connected with your blog through Friday Follow.


HAPPY FRIDAY FOLLOW!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

20 comments:

  1. I've said the Netflix one, but meant it. Thanks to the blogging community I have seen some awesome obscure horror movies.

    Following you now, happy follow Friday.

    PS I think I was actually follower 11 or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is really $#$@ funny. Totally LMAO right now. You’re the best Friday Follow find yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this blog.Glad I found you through FF.I really mean that. Really! Really Come by and follow me only if you really want to.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no freaking idea how this #FG stuff works. I swear, I'm not an idiot. I can write html, but can't figure this out. @T30SB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blogging slut- too funny.


    Stopping by via FF to say hello.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/04/supermom-kate-hit-rut/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are the best Monday through Sunday follow I've found yet. :)
    Happy weekend.
    R

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let's see how many of your FF friends will actually put one of these comments. :) i try to put a really kind and interesting message on each blog I comment on, if not -- what's the point!!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought about it that way. Thanks for the unique life perspective. Glad I found your blog on Friday Follow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog:) Totally agree with you! I am a new follower from Friday Follow. I am looking forward to some more of you awesome insight!:)

    Happy Friday Follow! Hope you come check out my blog:)

    Shirley @ A Mom After God's Own Heart
    http://therempels4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Make no mistake, I totally am a blog following slut. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL....I just discovered "Friday Follow" about 40 minutes ago. No word of a lie.

    And I jumped on the train. Because I'm a follow slut, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol yeah I hate it when my Friday Follow / Dear So and So blog is more venting or stressed out me looking for anyone to agree and understand where I'm coming from and all I get is "Happy Friday Follow!" over and over and over again!

    Don't get me wrong I love new readers, but part of me wonders if they are in fact reading me when that happens. I mean if they didn't take the time to read the very first post of mine they came across, why would they bother reading anything else I write?

    When I comment, no matter who's blog I'm commenting on, I try to make it personal, even if that means droning on and on for 3 paragraphs (like now). It's my way of saying "Hi, loved the blog, read the post and look forward to reading more" but in a detailed way. After all you took time to write the blog, design it, put it together just so and make word it just the way you wanted it.....I should take the time to enjoy your work and then remark on it. You know?

    I love watching my reader count go up, really I do, but I like knowing that someone else is genuinely listening to (or reading) me more. Crazy as that might be.

    ~Autumn

    ps, I'm now following you =P

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never thought about it that way. Thanks for the unique life perspective.

    And I DIDN'T find your blog through the Friday follow thing, but I am glad I found it nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Follow slut here as well!
    Cute Post!!! I’m another new follower!
    Happy Friday Follow! Hope to Blog with you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now this is funny! (and didn't find you through Friday Follow)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Random comment generator response #3427891: I also feel that way about the same issues you discussed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is really $#$@ funny. Totally LMAO right now. You’re the best Friday Follow find yet, and I'm not just saying that because I want you to follow me but don't want to sound shallow and insincere.

    I just signed on to Friday Follow after reading this. Curious as to how many will give the stock comment vs. actually read the post and make a sincere comment.

    Great post. I mean it. Really!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search