Wednesday, April 14, 2010

GUESS THE POINT OF THE PSA.

PSAs or Public Service Announcements are those 15 second selfless messages wedged in between big biz [money hungry] ads. The old school ones (from the 80s) you could spot a mile away. Usually the film quality was a bit off, the acting was forced, and it ended with some drab logo on a black screen. The one saving grace was that the networks got guilted into over-playing ‘em so much the spots became engrained in our minds.

So technically this should be a walk in the park. An easy A. All you have to do is identify the PSA from the provided screencap. To find out the answer, simply click-and-hold the left mouse button. Then drag the mouse arrow over the blank space below the screencap. Thank you ENTER THE MAN-CAVE for showing me the way.

BTW…the above pic is from a drunk driving PSA. There’s point #1.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. I was able to guess these right away. You know me, the '80s kid. My two fave PSAs growing up were "This is your brain on drugs" and "It's 10PM, do you know where your children are?" I'd always answer, "Right here watching TV ya numbnut" -- though I doubt I used the word numbnut. But I did love "This is serious, we could make you delirious..." glad you included it.

    Awesome post!

    Visit me at FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! A walk down memory lane! And surprisingly I could remember all of these! Throw in School House Rock and we got an 80's par-tay! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fried egg is one I remember well. Reminded me of a lot of the stoners I went to high school with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The egg is "this is your brain on drugs" I think... and the cartoon dog seems like something from a PSA about sexual predators. He just strikes me as creepy with that trenchcoat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a few of them right! I remember the "this is your brain..... this is your brain on drugs..." one haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't remember the pill one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Four out of five. Not bad if I do say so myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got them all but the pills one. (3rd one down?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! 5 for 5! I watched way too much TV!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search