Friday, March 12, 2010

2 FUN FACTS ABOUT WORD VERIFICATION.

That’s the charming “word jumble” security thingy you need to fill out on 80.5% of the blogs to officially leave your comment. Bet you didn’t know…

The industry acronym for “word verification” is CAPTCHA (pronounced /ˈkæptʃə/):
Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart


The term CAPTCHA was coined in 2000 by a bunch of Carnegie Mellon, computer engineer smarties: Luis von Ahn, Manuel Blum, Nicholas J. Hopper, and John Langford.

 

ABSOLUTE FAVE "WORD VERIFICATION" STYLES!!!!






Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. I loathe word verification! And those computer guys obviously had waaay too much time on their hands!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I wish I had been the genius behind it just because they must be soooo rich.
    2. I hate that crap and I always get the words wrong, esp on FB.

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the captcha crap too, but I appreciate your definition. I've seen it in the comments of my blog and had no idea what it meant. Worst thing about captha is that the letters are written weirdly and on top of each other. Even the educated, literate individual (e.g., me) cannot decipher what it says.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was commenting on a blog the other day while talking to my wife on the phone about getting tickets to see the live Conan show....

    The verification word for the comment was 'CONAN'....

    They're in our brains man!

    I Think It's Interesting

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just another way big brother can control your life man. I swear!

    My Thoughts

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search