Sunday, March 14, 2010

WHERE IN THE U.S. CAN I FIND GREEN STUFF TO POLLUTE MY BELLY?

I remember thinking it was so F---ing cool when watching The Fugitive and I saw that Chicago "St. Patty's day green" river. Conversely I remember thinking it was kinda lame when the stationary store (in my neighborhood) sold St. Patty's Day green headbands with green sparkly balls on springs. Though honestly, this day ain’t about the parades, decorations, fanfare or fashion (except those “kiss me I’m Irish/Jewish” buttons). It’s truly about 2 things: Some saint doing something really, really nice (see wiki post). And of course, drinking and eating lots of green stuff 'til you puke (see worthy candidates below).



GREEN BEER @ Lucky’s Pub: 801 St. Emanuel St. (Houston, TX)



GREEN CUPCAKES @ French’s Cupcake Bakery: 273 E. 17th St., (Costa Mesa, CA)



GREEN BAGELS @ Bagel Jay’s: 2130 Delaware Avenue (Buffalo, NY)



GREEN PIZZA @ Amato’s Pizza: 2113 N. Bloomingdale Rd. (Glendale Heights, IL)



GREEN SUSHI @ Goldfish Premium Sushi Bar: 568 Halekauwila St (Honolulu, HI)


***NON-GREEN BONUS***

CORNED BEEF (REUBEN) BURGER @ The Nook: 492 Hamline Ave S (St Paul, MN)



CHECK OUT GREEN BEER GOING DOWN.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. I'll take some of those green cupcakes please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you imagine the amount of green craps people are gonna have? A bit disturbing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My home town of Savannah, GA has a celebration that rivals Chicago. They only sell green beer and flood the cities fountains with green dye. I miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i kinda like all the green stuff. green beer sounds fun right about now!
    thanks for stopping by last friday,
    am new follower!
    Cheers,
    Cameron
    www.conquerthemonkey.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some of that green pizza.... Is that pesto?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, that green bagel makes me want to hurl....

    ReplyDelete
  7. No green eggs and ham? Poor forgotten St. Seuss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The green pizza and bagel looks like they're mold-infected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that Reuben and Green Beer looks good.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search