Friday, March 5, 2010

I WANT TO COME BACK AS A MOMMY BLOGGER.


I think when I first learned about reincarnation (in some grade) I really pondered over the idea for quite a while. I assumed that as a human, you won’t get a chance to come back as one again. That’s like winning the lottery twice. In that case my “safe school” choice was a small, cute, purebred dog. Total zero pressure lifestyle. The only gross part would be wanting to eat a bug or my own vomit. Now, I’d be willing to sell my soul or do whatever it takes to be a MB. Why? Here are my 5 reasons.

 

NO ONE EVER TRASHES A MOMMY BLOG.
It’s like a being a nun, a kitten, an orphan, or Sanjaya. Who’s going to say something nasty about that group? You’d get an instant pass to hell. 

 

NEVER HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT TOPICS.
Kids do and say the darndest things, 24/7.

 

INSTANT CLUB FACTOR.
I attribute me (a guy) commenting on a mommy blog to accidentally walking into the women’s bathroom. First, I can’t get over how clean everything is as well as the pleasant smell. Then I worry about getting caught. Probably makes zero sense. 

 

HAVE YOU SEEN THEIR NUMBER OF FOLLOWERS?
Thanks to play-dates and school events, mommies can quickly amass quite a social circle. Meanwhile, for the last 5 years I've been going to the same green grocer once a week for milk – made zippo friends (except the creep that always asks me for a nickel while touching himself).

 

CUTE KID PICS.
No explanation needed.

 

That’s pretty much all I can think of at the moment. I’ve discussed it with my blogger BFF Ally (Tales of a 4th Grade Nothing) and she just thinks I’m weird. BTW…if you never had the privilege of checking a Mommy Blog  out, here are a few of my faves…Domestication of a Party Girl, Hissyfits & Halos, and Moms R The Best. Got any others? I’m all ears and dirty bibs.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. TY for the holla!
    Feelin' the power of estrogen huh? hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah those three are my three fave mommy blogs too!!

    Jesse, I actually am jeal of the momz too. In real life, when you're married without kids, you're kinda left out of things so it's the same in the blog world :( I don't fit in out here. There are 20-something blog rings, the mommy rings, the movie blog rings, the foodie rings, I don't even fit in with the Retro rings. I'm just a misfit blogger :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO WAY! You are anything, but misfit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ally-I guess I would be considered a misfit blogger as well. I don't fit into a social ring at all. We should start our own click! LOL.

    @Copyboy-You pose a great idea in this post. Mommy blogs are great to read, have tons of followers and endless supply of material.

    But the company I formerly worked for the woman's bathroom was less then stellar. I was told several times how disgusting it was and that someone made messes on the floor.

    So I think the idea that a woman's bathroom is immaculately clean and smells great is a myth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya. The amount of followers they amass makes me envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ally! I'll be part of the misfit blog ring...married w/out kids here, too!

    I have to be honest...i am getting a little tired of the whole "mommy blog" thing, unless it is a hilarious blog. One, when I hear grown women refer to themselves as "mommy" I just have to roll my eyes to avoid saying something that could offend. Their kids calling them mommy? Totally fine! Them calling themselves mommy? Uh-huh! And second, these blogs just seem to be taking over! I admit I get really excited when I find blogs such as yours and other non-"mommy blogs."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look at the number of comments you got by the simple mention of a Mommy Blog. I fully agree with Kristen. So glad she went there. I will only read/follow the humorous, sassy mommy blogs like Lisa Marie's. She doesn't only write about her adorable babe's smile, drool,and developmental milestones. Those blogs are purely nauseating.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. In high school, we would get to see brief glimpses of the girl's restrooms when one of them would push the doors open.... I saw couches and tables with flower arrangements on them.... And when the door opened there would always be a rush of air that would smell like the most beautiful potpourri....

    I love Lisa Marie's blog.... I'm going to check out the others too....

    I learned about the whole 'niche' blogging thing after I started blogging.... I just post about random stuff.... I was thinking about starting another blog on just one topic, but I already put so much work into the first one....

    You've got quite a delightful blog here! I don't know how you find time to do anything else!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search