Sunday, March 21, 2010

GET TO KNOW YOUR BLOGOSPHERE.


I live in one of the biggest cities in the world (rhymes with The Tig Wapple). Yet the wife and I pretty much hang out within a 10 block radius of our apartment. We’re creatures of habit. There’s nothing wrong with that. I mean we happen to like this one diner that makes the most kick-ass turkey burger patty melt and banana smoothie. Oh, and this Chinese food place (is that PC?) that makes the most amazing steamed pork dumplings. Then there’s a pesto pizza place…I think you get the picture. I’m also sure we’re not alone in this way of thinking. Mommy bloggers back me up here. We all get in to a rhythm of life that’s pure harmony. Why would we want to mess it up by changing the chords? The TV suits know this. That’s why reality shows like SURVIVOR and AMAZING RACE have done so well for so long. Everyday people thrust out of their everyday lives is their formula for success.

I also don’t think I’m making such a huge leap when I include this ever-expanding blogosphere in the mix. Right now there are probably close to a million blogs out there. Spanning almost every interest and belief. All of 'em spread over this world-wide-web. Yet it seems blogs of a similar nature tend to clump together in mini-communities (the mommies, the horror heads, retros, etc.) I know there are exceptions to the rule. Though even then we all don't stray too far from our comfort zones. Again, I’m not knocking anyone, that’s just the law of the land. I too am guilty as well. So very recently (yesterday afternoon) I’ve been making an effort to jump out of my circle to see what else is out there. What I present to you is not just a "MUST READ" award, but more of an introduction to sites that would otherwise never enter your paradigm of blogdom. Remember, a story is a story. Funny is funny.


TRANS BLOG GROUP – news and voices from the transgender community.


ALIEN CASEBOOK – 32.8% sure it’s about sightings.


LESBIAN DATING & RELATIONSHIPS – offering insight to lesbians who are single or partnered.


THEISTIC SATANISM – news and commentary for theistic Satanists.


NUDIST AND NATURISM DIARY – title says it all.


CARD BOARD WHORE – humorous stories from a gay male living in the deep south.


JEWS FOR JESUS BLOG – your source for all things Jewy ‘N Jesusy.


JIM'S PUBLIC BLOGSPOT – mostly about foot fetish.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

9 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahaha great finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know there's something out there for everyone...
    I don't kow why, but the "jews for jesus" group looks semi-interesting. Interesting like, "what the hell?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single lesbians sounds good to me - thanks for the heads up!

    Seriously, I hate kids, often my own. Why do people have to inflict their sprogs on others? It's embarassing to lie, and most are either ugly or psychopaths. Can't tell you how many friends I've lost over speaking the truth!

    Oh, and good point. When I was young, free and single (and rich enough because I didn't have kids), when I lived in London, few parts of the West End escaped my patronage. The last ten years I lived there, I barely traversed a radious of 2 square miles of it. Comfort zones are essential when you are responsible for (beautiful) psychopaths..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally summed up my life when I lived in Chelsea. I swear, unless I was meeting friends, I stayed within ten blocks of my apartment at all times. Man, I thought it was just me. Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are too much. I love the alien one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what type of blog type 'Not Worth Mentioning' can be clumped into....

    And you've got to give Jim credit.... He does love some feet, but at least he gives you the option of using the very handy calculator he has placed on the bottom of the page....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say a big "thank you" for giving my tiny blog, Cardboard Whores Made Me Homeless, a shout-out.

    Especially being read from people who live in New York, my tales must hit somewhere between uncomfortably humorous and jaw-dropping. I lived in New Jersey in a previous life, and I had the exact same reaction to this "culture" I now live in.

    In case you were wondering, yes, all the tales are true.

    And, yes, I need to move.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL those are hilarious. I especially like the "your source for all things Jewy ‘N Jesusy."

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search