Friday, March 19, 2010

HOW TO PLAY HOOKY ON A GORGEOUS DAY.

I’m stuck at work while spring is doing its thing outside. As I’m sure millions of other Americans are suffering a similar fate too. Though I do have an escape plan that's 100% full proof. So if you (the blogosphere) will indulge me, I included easy to follow diagrams to aid in my explanation of how you too can play hooky with ease.



Step 1. Tell the boss you just got your tax refund and want to spend it on the office. Say you want to sponsor a happy hour. It’d be a good morale booster.



Step 2. Volunteer to run out and get all the stuff. Ask if you can bring your buddy.




Step 3. You and your buddy can now head to the outdoor bar.




Step 4. Wait about an hour and call your boss. In a worried tone tell him the store has a problem with your credit card. Apparently someone has been making fraudulent charges with a card in your name. You are now with the police sorting it out.




Step 5. Enjoy more time at the bar.





Step 6. At the end of the day simply show up at the office with beer for everyone, and tell your boss everything is sorted out.


Step 7. Repeat as needed.




Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments:

  1. Aah, what a teaser this post is as I look out the window, knowing I'm the on-site boss. Thus, I don't think I'd be written up for taking your suggestions. Not sure, but don't think the boss would do that.
    Thanks for the nomination on Ian's blog.
    cheers,
    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA One of the best posts you've done yet.

    And hey - where's your post begging for votes? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the happiest stick figures I've ever seen. Funny and brilliant post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make mine a margarita! I don't do beer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great idea. Too bad my boss would want to be the one to go with me for the booze. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is hilarious, however I have one question. What guarantees do you offer that the boss will go for all that? LOL. Thanks for a great Friday smile. And speaking of smiles, there is an award for you over at my place.
    :-)
    Traci
    38andgrowing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am indeed "LOL'ing!"
    that is frigging hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a lot more work than calling in sick....

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search