Saturday, March 20, 2010

GAY BAR vs. STRAIGHT BAR

Personally, I never understood why anyone would be offended by another person’s sexual orientation. If a dude likes a dude or a gal loves a gal, who cares. It’s their personal business. What right does anyone have to judge 'em. Soapbox over. NOW, what truly offends me is walking into any bar and over-paying for stuff. Sure, if it’s one of those hotsy-totsy places I get it. If they can get away with charging $25 for a dirty martini and a bowl of nuts more power to 'em. But a run of the mill place charging those kinda prices? No thank you.

So let's get to it. First city on my hit list is Chicago. The bars I chose are both regular bars geared towards sports fans. And yes, they both serve food. Here’s the tavern tale of the tape.



JUNIOR’S SPORTS LOUNGE (straight)
724 West Maxwell Street (Chicago)

APPETIZERS:

  • Sliders (10 in an order) = $15.99
  • Chicken Wings (15 in an order) = $11.99
  • Nachos = $6.99

DINNER:

  • Plain Jane 8 oz. burger (cheese is 50¢ extra) = $7.99

SALAD:

  • Cobb Salad = $8.99

DRINK SPECIALS:

  • Wednesday – $5 specialty drinks / $5 mojitos
  • Thursday – $1 miller family bottles





THE CREW (gay)
4804 N. Broadway (Chicago)

APPETIZERS:

  • Sliders (doesn’t specify) = $8.99
  • Chicken Wings (12 in an order) = $9.99
  • Nachos = $8.99

DINNER:

  • Double Fisted ½ lb burger (plus 2 toppings) = $9.79

SALAD:

  • Fire-Grilled Cobb Salad = $10.29

DRINK SPECIALS:

  • Wednesday – Blue Moon pints $3.75 / Rolling Rock Bottles $2.75
  • Thursday – All draft beer $3


WINNER: Based on food variety and beer specials it’s pretty darn close. Though I’d have to give the edge to CREW. They have a bit more on the menu and the prices are a smidge cheaper.


Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. Hee! I'm from Chicago. And I'm here following you from Patrick's blog which I agree is a great one. As is yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Chicago, but would love to visit. I've heard great things about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe gay guys are cheap dates?! ;-)

    BTW, agree 150% with what you said on your soapbox up there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't care about peoples personal choices but dammit I need my cheap beer and food!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search