Sunday, March 28, 2010

10 THINGS I’M 62.8% SURE YOU DON’T KNOW ABOUT PEEPS.


1- In 1953, just one PEEP® took 27 hours to make.

2- One PEEP® has just 32 calories and zero grams of fat.

3- A good percentage of PEEPS® connoisseurs like to eat them stale.

4- A week after Easter the annual PEEP® Off eating contest is held in Sacramento (first one was held in Maryland in 1994).

5- Dennis Gross set a record by eating 102 PEEPS® in 5 minutes at the 2003 PEEP® Off .

6- The folks at the Just Born plant churn out about 1 billion PEEPS® a year (works out to 4 million a day).

7- In 2009 Just Born introduced PEEPS® lip balm.

8- Americans consume about 600 million PEEPS® every Easter.

9- The Sears Tower in Chicago is 8000 PEEPS® tall.

10- In the late 1950s the wings were removed from the PEEPS® design.


EATIN' PEEPS®!!


Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

  1. Poor little peeps, born to be eaten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand peeps. The only thing I like about them is setting them on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends all eat them stale, but I have to say, I avoid the Easter aisle because I'm actually kind of afraid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No one in our family likes to eat them but we still buy them every year. Just thinking of them gives me a toothache!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a stale peep eater. I didn't know all the other stuff!! I love Peeps!! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peeps suck...except in a smore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. On point #2, now I don’t feel so guilty for eating these little Easter treasures. I had no idea that an annual PEC was held and that’s pretty disgusting that anyone can eat 102 peeps in general, let alone in 5 minutes…eek!

    I saw a Peeps cookbook on Amazon. Funny stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those little peepsies, peepsies what I like to eat, nibble on they little heads, bite off they little feet...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never heard of peeps....so this is all new to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. damnit, now I want some peeps. Time for a trip to walmart

    ReplyDelete
  11. I freakin love the peeps - but can say that I don't think I have ever eaten one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Peeps are so good but yet so bad! I am not sure I could eat one stale though. I prefer mine just out of the package.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new chocolate covered peeps are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. really?!
    only 62.8% sure?
    i would've gone with like 96.7%....
    or something like that.

    way to lack confidence Copyboy!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search