Wednesday, March 24, 2010

HEY MOMMY BLOGGERS! YOU’LL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT THOSE LOVABLE STARS ON YOUR KID’S FAVORITE DVDs ARE RAKING IN.

Here’s another factoid about my life. I chose a career path that makes practically NO money. Rhymes with SHMADVERTISING. Yay me!!! To celebrate this mistake, most of my coworkers (including myself) take turns at lunch complaining about our lot in life. The consensus with the group is we all wish we had gone the medical, law or finance route. Though nowadays you got the economy in the crapper and the government running healthcare. Even Hollywood is tightening its belt. I’ll tell ya the only recession proof profession that seems to STILL be pulling in gobs of cash is in toddler entertainment. You want proof? Just visit my sister's house. My niece and nephew have like a zillion more DVDs than me (and their skulls aren’t even fully hardened yet). Times that by billions of other families globally and you get the idea. But hey, don’t take my bitter words for it, here’s what Wiki and google have to say…



THE WIGGLES: In 2009 the Wiggles drove their big red car right to the bank with around $40 million in the trunk.




BOB THE BUILDER: Keith Chapman’s kid contractor creation has so far made $1.4 billion in retail sales.



SPONGEBOB: Oh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea and made 2 billion in merchandising last year alone?!! SpongeBob SquarePants!




HANNAH MONTANA: Miley Cyrus is reportedly making a cool $18.2 million a year. Ugh! Gets me right in my achy breaky heart!




Stumble Upon Toolbar

15 comments:

  1. I love spongebob!! Back when I was in high school (bout 8 years ago) we had someone from a network tell us they were cancelling spongebob. Flickin' liars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have contributed to all of those except Hannah Montana -- I am thankful that my kids are still young to seek her out. Of the other three, I actually enjoy Sponge Bob. I cannot stand The Wiggles (write some lyrics, boys!). If it's any consolation, I have a career that is even less prosperous -- acting!!!

    Have a great day.
    :-)
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Miley Cyrus helped pay for my honeymoon! I wrote so many articles on her in 2008 it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Money is over-rated. Obviously the government has clued into that already, since they're spending it like it's a never ending supply. ;) Where you REALLY missed your calling was in politics. Think of the $$$ you could bamboozle there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's got to be the GREATEST blog post title, ever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Touche. I always wondered how the adults that act/host those programs live with themselves and now I know.

    PS I awarded your blog....stop by and take a peek!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the price we pay for using television as a babysitter....

    ReplyDelete
  8. My granddaughter just left and the TV is still on. (Mute) Some of this stuff makes me really wonder just how much damage we do to young minds. They sure do seem to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *shudder* Wiggles, ewww.

    I don't buy my kids the dvds since we got Tivo a couple years ago. Suck it, Disney/Nickelodeon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard I'm big with toddlers, though that might just be a size thing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They say that Miley Cyrus will be a billionaire by the time she's 18.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am now officially depressed...apparently I just cannot come up with something stupid enough to get rich on...curse you IQ test!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i'd rather work in the hospital than for a bunch of kid's entertainment.... even if it means i would eat top ramen 3 times a week.... i'd FULLY enjoy my job MUCH more. aaaaand, i get to wear scrubs. take THAT bob! (the builder)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I am so in the wrong business!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've always wondered what kind of drugs the creator of Sponge Bob is on.
    And Miley is one pole dance away from being a billionaire.
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search