Sunday, March 28, 2010

HAH! I KNEW RALPHIE WAS IN THE BIG RED COMMERCIAL!!!


I thought that tuba player looked familiar. Guess I should rewind a bit. The Ralphie I'm referring to is the blond kid with glasses in the 1983 classic A CHRISTMAS STORY (the film TBS plays for 24 hrs straight on X-Mas.) The actor's real name is Peter Billingsley. Today (at 38 yrs. of age) Pete is still in showbiz. Though now he mostly has smaller film roles like in The Break-up, Elf and yes, Iron Man. And like all actors in the C and D list category, Pete has done his fair share of 30 sec. product hawking. He starred as Messy Marvin for Hershey’s Syrup and (as I recently discovered) is in 2 scenes of one of the most overplayed BIG RED, Jingle-riffic commercial of all time (see below). My apologies for jamming this song back in your head.



Stumble Upon Toolbar

5 comments:

  1. I'm gonna shoot you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't even let myself click on it because I know which commercial it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Billingsley is a big time director now isn't he? I think he collaborates with Vince Vaughn and Jon Favreau all the time.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search