Sunday, March 7, 2010

3 HAPPY THINGS FOUND IN DEATH VALLEY.

Probably not the best sign you’d find fun things in a town with the word “death” in the name. But hey, I’m ever the optimist…with access to google maps. So if you do blow out a tire and are stuck in this area of California, it won’t be a total loss. Unless you get kidnapped by some inbred mechanic.



TOLL ROAD RESTAURANT:
Restaurant itself is built from the original wood used for the old mines. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at this quaint eatery that resembles a rustic cabin. Specialties include the potato soup and prime rib.

Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily, 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
Lunch: Daily, 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Dinner: Daily, 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.






FURNACE CREEK INN GIFT SHOP:
The perfect place to shop for one-of-a-kind finds. Browse through all types of books, apparel, local designed jewelry, southwestern treats and an assortment of glow in the dark scorpion paperweights.



BORAX MUSEUM:
Celebrates the culture and history of the Native American tribes indigenous to Death Valley. Plus, check out the fine collection of Borax mineral samples that were mined in DV way back in the 1860s. Of course, no visit would be complete without a trip to the antique train and wagon yard out back.





Stumble Upon Toolbar

7 comments:

  1. Copyboy, you are just a never ending wealth of information! I mean that sincerely. Your bloggy peep, -Pippi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one took me back aways. When I was a kid my grandparents were avid "desert rats." I've spent many days and nights wilderness camping with them in Death Valley and the surrounding nothingness...
    nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to do some inspections in Barstow a couple of months ago and found a museum with the 'Old Lady Meteorite'.... That was Barstow's biggest attraction. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool stuff. I had no idea there was anything worthwhile out there.

    This post oddly reminded me suddenly of a site I used to love that had pictures of ghost towns and old abandoned hospitals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear to you right now, if you had those little check boxes and one said "cool" and another said "interesting" -- I'd hope to have the ability to check off both. This was cool!!

    Your first line of text is exactly what I was thinking from the title too.

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glow in the dark scorpion paperweights? I am so there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For five years I have been looking for glow in the dark scorpion paperweights! Now I can stop looking.

    Cool post, U are a plether of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search