Wednesday, March 31, 2010

FINALLY, A COMPETITIVE EATING UPDATE.

I apologize. When I first started this blog my goal was to keep my readers (all 4) up on the latest MLE (Major League Eating) goings on. Sadly I’ve shirked my responsibilities for quite some time. Blame those damn Gilmore Girls on ABC Family. Anyway, that changes starting now. Here’s a recap on who were the biggest Munch-masters of March. Sorry, best lame sexual entendre I could come up with after 16.5 rewrites while blitzed off of Passover wine. Anyhow, on to the champions of chomp!



The TooJay's World Class Corned Beef Eating Championship
Date: 03/17/2010

Location: Palm Beach Gardens

Congrats to you Joey Chestnut! He has finally captured the one salt cured beef title that has eluded him all of these years. Scarfing down 15.8 ounces of corned beef earned Joey a cool 10Gs. Here’s a look at who else cut the mustard.

2nd place- Pat "Deep Dish" Bertoletti - 12.5 ($2,000)

3rd place- Bob "Notorious B.O.B." Shoudt - 11.5 ($1,200)





The Rhythm City World Catfish Eating Championship
Date: 03/20/2010

Location: Davenport

Yet again the sting of Sonya “the black widow” Thomas was felt at a officially sanctioned MLE event. The food femme fatale ate an astonishing 6.75 lbs of fried catfish to take 1st place and $1000 at Rhythm City’s annual event. Swimming up the rear were…

2nd place- Eater X ate 6.5 ($750)

3rd place- Gravy Brown - 5 ($500)




1st Annual Binga's Stadium Tender Bender Challenge

Date: 03/27/2010

Location: Portland, ME


Apparently Sonya wasn’t done with her web of winnings this month. Ms. Thomas finished up her triumphant tour besting breast eaters. She consumed just a hair under 7 lbs of Binga’s Chicken tenders. Sonya's total take home – $1500. Meanwhile, her familiar nemesis X once again failed to taste victory.

2nd place- Bob Shoudt - 6.595 ($750)

3rd place- Eater X - 6.18 ($500)



GET TO KNOW JOEY...



Stumble Upon Toolbar

10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that image was of catfish and not chicken tenders. Why? Because I love the tenders and hate fish :) So now I'm not tempted to cheat on my diet!

    Tales Of A Fourth Grade Nothing

    ReplyDelete
  2. No. More. Food. Today. Feel. Sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have 144 followers and have branched out beyond your norm! But this is nice, too. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow. It's really too bad I missed the cut. I can inhale a veggie sub like no other.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Toojays fucking rules. I hit that place up for their killer whitefish salad everytime I'm in Florida.

    Found you through Friday Follow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jesse - You've managed to make me incredibly hungry and a bit sick to my stomach at the same time...great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I could not even imagine eating 6 lbs of anything. Whoa, I am not going to eat anything for the rest of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost 7 pound of catfish! I hate catfish, that's just nauseating.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now I'm starving.... Every time I try to tell my wife that I want to become a competitive eater, she just yells at me....

    ReplyDelete

 
Custom Search